Collection of your Information
When you use our services, we may need to collect different types of information from or about you. Kiitos may collect information in the following ways:
1. Information you provide directly to us
To use some of our services you will need to provide us with certain information. For example, you will need to create a Kiitos account before you can sell, borrow, or buy any items. To create an account you will need to provide us with certain account information such as your name, email, and any other information you provide to us. If you chose to sell any items you will need to provide information like your name, address, and phone number. if you decide to purchase items you will also need to provide financial information, like your payment card information and billing information to our unaffiliated third-party payment processor.
You may also decide to post comments on our services or reach out to our customer support team. We will collect any of this information that you decide to provide.
2. Information we collect when you use our services
When you use our services there is certain information we collect about the which services you use and how you interact with our services. Most of this information is provided directly from your device but, in some situations you have the option to grant us permission to collect certain types of information. We go into more detail below:
Device Information. We collect device specific information such as your hardware type, operating system, application identifier, mobile network information (including phone number), device settings, and unique device identifiers.
Log Information. when you use our services we will receive log information such as your IP address, pages you visited, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you used our services.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Kiitos services or websites you visit.
Location Information. Some of our services give you the option to provide your location information. We will not collect any precise location information unless you consent to us collecting this information by turning your location services on through your device. If you have questions about how to enable or disable your device's location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or the manufacture of your particular device.
3. Information we collect from third parties
We may also receive information from our third-party partners about you and your activities both on and off Kiitos, such as information from advertisers and our partner that jointly offer services.
You also may give us permission to access your information through other third-party services. For example, you may link your Facebook account to Kiitos. When you do this you are allowing us to obtain information from your Facebook account (such as your basic information, friends or contacts). The information we get from those services often depends on your settings or their privacy policies, so be sure to check what those are.
Kiitos encourages you to review the privacy statements of websites you choose to link to from, such as Facebook or other social media sites, so that you can understand how those websites collect, use, and share your information. Kiitos is not responsible for the privacy statements or other content on websites outside of the Kiitos Services.
How we use your Information
We use the information we collect from and about you to provide our services and continue to improve and develop our services. We may also use this information to:
- protect the safety and security Kiitos and our users, such as fraud prevention;
- send you communications and updates about our services;
- personalize the services for you such as by providing you items that you may like based on your previous activities;
- respond to any questions or comments;
- comply with applicable laws and legal process;
- deliver any requested services or products;
- analyze the services.
We may use or store information wherever Kiitos does business. This may include countries outside your own.
How and when we share your information
We will only share your information with companies, organization, or individuals outside of the Kiitos companies in the following instances:
- If you use our public pages, anyone will be able to see the information you post, including, the description of the item you are looking to sell or allow another user to borrow and your public profile information.
- When you sell, loan, buy, or borrow something on Kiitos we will need to share certain contact information with the other party so that you can complete your transaction.
- We may share your information with your consent. For example, if you decide to link your Kiitos account with other service, like Facebook, we may share certain information with that service.
- We will share personal information if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues;
- enforce our Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Kiitos, our users or the public.
- We may engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of the information described in this Policy.
- We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners, advertisers, or others.
Control over your Information
We strive to be clear about the information we collect and to provide you with choices about your information. For example:
- If you have a Kiitos account, you can update your account information through your account page.
- You can link or unlink your Kiitos account to another third party account (like Facebook).
- You can close your account by simply going into your accounts page. When you close your account, we’ll deactivate it. We may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
You may also be able to use the setting available to you through your device or browser to control your information. For example, you can set your browser to block all cookies. However, if you block certain cookies you may not be able to use some of our services.
Kiitos is not intended for children under the age of 13 so we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
Changes to this Statement
Kiitos welcomes your questions or comments. Please contact Kiitos at:
P.O. Box 100294 Denver, Colorado 80205
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 720-675-8450
Effective as of January 25th, 2016